This is NOT a paid endorsement, I promise. The folks at Texas Highways Magazine would not recognize my name, but I have admired their publication for years. It would be a terrific way to broaden your family’s enjoyment of this year you’ve set aside for the study of Texas, and it’s more affordable than you might think!
You’ll understand my enthusiasm when you check out their website (http://www.texashighways.com/). There you’ll find feature articles from the current and previous month–always a good mix of really interesting stuff! Be sure to experiment with the Events Calendar map where you can click on any area and get timely ideas for excursions. More ideas, listed by region, are available under the Destinations tab. Explore the other tabs, too! Free e-postcards, recipes…the Arts & Culture tab even has a special section for Texas History posts.
There are several ways you can enjoy Texas Highways Magazine.
- Bookmark their site as a favorite
- Follow them on Facebook or Twitter
- Subscribe to their e-zine for under $20/year
- Download a single digital issue for $3.95
- Have a print edition mailed to your house for $19.95/year
- HINT: They often offer discount subscriptions. Pick up a single copy where you purchase magazines locally and look for the postcard coupon!
And don’t skip their Gift Shop. Prices are surprisingly reasonable for attractive, high-quality Texas-themed t-shirts (great to keep the family together on field trips) and educational supplements like jigsaw puzzles and travel bingo games.
Like I said, I’m a big fan!