…you are have many great field trips nearby!
The play, TEXAS LEGACIES, is an annual summer tradition in the Palo Duro Canyon. In my opinion it’s well worth the cost and effort, and is a fine way to get kids excited about their state’s history or make sure your school year ends with “a bang instead of a fizzle.” The show runs through the summer season, but seats fill quickly! It’s not too early to begin planning to attend.
Until then, you can enjoy a number of other field trips in your area:
- Lubbock Lake Landmark
- The Brazos River Journey display at The Science Spectrum in Lubbock
- Adobe Walls Historical Battleground
- Fort Concho in San Angelo
- XIT Museum in Dalhart
- National Ranching Heritage Center in Lubbock
- The American Wind Power Center and Windmill Museum (also in Lubbock)
- Panhandle Plains Historical Museum—Canyon
- Permian Basin Petroleum Museum—Midland